Friday, January 18, 2013

Activity week 2

Part A
Social networking is the  public display of friend networks using user created profiles and user generated connections. Users can view lists created by others within the system and interact with other users.
I currently use Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Myspace, Google Plus and Steam. I use different sites for different reasons. I use Facebook the most because all my musician friends use it. Almost all the shows I attend are advertised on Facebook, so it's how I find out what's going on around town. I also like to keep up with my college friends and family. I'm a very active Facebook user, I post status updates everyday, along with photos and hyperlinks.
Honestly I don't use Twitter very much, I don't really see the point of writing two different status updates, I'll just write one on Facebook and be done with it. Sure I follow a few famous punk musicians on there but I don't really like that it's just text posts. Tumblr I use everyday. I love the fact that it's mostly a photo blog but it has plenty of variety, text posts, hyperlinks video, audio. Lastly I use my Tumblr more as a personal dairy, I know less "real"friends on there, so I let my heart out.
I haven't been active on MySpace for a long time. I should just delete it but I like how it's become a time capsule of how I was in my high school years.
Google Plus, great interface, fast, the hangouts are a lot of fun. I want to love it but not enough people are on it to really keep it interesting. Now it feels like Google is desperate to get people to post on it with all those +1 links on Chrome. Good effort boys and girls but no dice so far.
Steam is really more of a PC gaming console/service but it has a large social networking element now, which includes live voice chat. I use it everyday to see which one of my friends are playing what game and sometimes I message them and join in! What better way to keep with friends near and far than blasting zombies into oblivion together?
Part B

No comments:

Post a Comment